What Causes the AC to Constantly Run
When you turn your air conditioner on, it typically runs in cycles where it turns itself on and off while cooling your home. On the hottest days, it rarely cycles off because your AC is having a difficult time cooling off the house. This leads to higher utility bills and could lead to unwanted repairs because your AC unit is working too hard.
As a homeowner, you need to be concerned when your AC does not run normally with an on and off cycle. When it runs constantly, there is a problem and the unit needs attention. A great place to start is with the certified professionals from Affirmative Air.
Why Your AC is Constantly Running
There are a number of reasons why an AC will run constantly during the hot summer months. Here are some of the more common ones:
- Your AC is old – After years of quality service, an outdated AC unit can become inefficient and run constantly instead of cycling on and off. This indicates that you need to get a new AC as soon as possible.
- Your AC is too small – When your AC is not the right size for your home, it can run without cycling on and off. This is because it is trying to keep your home at the temperature that is on your thermostat and struggles to do so. When it does not reach that temperature, your AC will keep running until it senses the optimal temperature is reached.
- Your cooling coils need cleaning – If your AC’s cooling coils are dirty, your unit will have a hard time cooling the air coming into your home. These coils need to be kept constantly clean to help your AC work properly.
- You set your thermostat to a very low level – When there is a heat wave, setting your thermostat to a very low level is wrong. When your thermostat it set at 65 and the temperature outside is at 90, your AC will have a hard time keeping your home at the temperature you set, making it run constantly instead of cycling.
- Your home has air leaks – When your home is not energy-efficient, it can leak cold air. This means your doors and windows have leaks that you need to seal or your home is drafty. You need to have an energy evaluation done on your home to check for these leaks and to make your home energy-efficient.
To ensure that the AC in your home in Phoenix, AZ, runs perfectly and does not incur huge energy bills, you should consult with Affirmative Air for your AC needs. Make sure that the AC you install is the right size for your home, that your thermostats are working, and that your AC is well maintained. We can help you with all of this. Aside from AC installation, AC maintenance, heating installation, and heating maintenance. If you need help with indoor air quality and ductwork cleaning,, and ensuring that your home has no leaks with our leak testing services.
You May Also Like
When homeowners start noticing that their air conditioner is no longer efficient, many will choose to replace or upgrade their HVAC system… Continue Reading 3 Simple Tips to Improve Your AC’s Performance…
Cold winter nights will soon arrive in Gilbert, AZ, which means it’s time to get your furnace ready. The best way to… Continue Reading 4 Furnace Maintenance Tasks You Can Complete…
Extreme temperatures in Gilbert, AZ, mean that your HVAC system works hard to maintain a consistent temperature in your home. Regular maintenance… Continue Reading 3 Top Signs You Need an HVAC Replacement…